Have you ever wondered how much dirt, allergens, and gunk get caught in the carpets in your home?
You might not.
Depending on your carpet, it may be difficult to see just how dirty your carpet can get. Whatever kind you have, it’s pretty safe to say that your carpets are holding on to quite a bit of dirt and dirt. While there are various factors that determine how quickly dirt and allergens can build up, the question remains the same; How often should you get your carpets cleaned?
To maintain the longevity and cleanliness of your carpet, it is best to have your carpets cleaned at least once a year. However, there are other things to consider when determining how often you should get your carpets cleaned:
Factors to consider:
- PETS: Do you have any pets?
- HIGH TRAFFIC: Do you have carpets in high-traffic areas in your home?
- ALLERGIES: Do you live with others who have allergies?
- CHILDREN: Are there any children in the house?
- PILE HEIGHT: Do you have carpets in your home with a high pile height?
- HUMIDITY: Do you live in a humid climate? If you are in the Saginaw, Grand Blanc, or Flint, MI areas, chances are you do!
These are all important factors to think about when determining how often you should clean your carpets. If you answered yes to any of these questions above, you may want to increase the frequency of getting a deep carpet clean.
While it is always best to have your carpets deeply cleaned one to two times a year, there are ways one can safely clean and maintain their carpets in the meantime:
- Cleaning spills promptly
- Determine if you need to clean the spill with hot or cold water
- Using a homemade solution with water, and small amounts of dish soap and detergent
- Dab out spills gently, avoid wiping spills
- Avoid wearing shoes inside your home
These are all great examples of maintaining your carpet between deep cleans. Not only does it keep your carpets looking nice, but it also helps to keep away grime, allergens, dirt, and dust- resulting in a cleaner and better smelling home.
Having plush, medium to high pile, comfortable carpets in your home is the best feeling. However, trapping dirt, dust, allergens, and grime is not. While areas in your home with less traffic should be deep cleaned at least once a year, those with carpets in high traffic areas may consider getting it deep cleaned and vacuuming every two to three months.
Staying happy and healthy is important to you and those you live with. Keep your home a safe and comfortable space and call B&T Chem-Dry in Saginaw, Grand Blanc, and Flint, MI to set up your appointment today! (989) 349-6595